October 11, 2023
Art Outsourcing Manager – Thick as Thieves
If you have are having trouble submitting the form, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Who We Are
OtherSide Entertainment is an independent game studio with offices in Concord, MA, and remote staff throughout North America. Our mission is to create deeply immersive games that draw players into richly imagined worlds; games that empower players to choose their own play-style, making their experience unique and personal; games that encourage players to team up with their friends and weave their own shared narrative; the kind of games that are powered by our players’ vision as much as our own. Together, we aim to evolve the “player-authored” tradition of Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Thief, and Deus Ex – all games developed by the company’s founders, Paul Neurath and Warren Spector.
We are looking for an Art Manager to help guide the art team to develop new experiences in the immersive simulation space. Strong candidates for this role will have an understanding of core aesthetic principles, dynamic imagination, and excellent organization/communication skills. Strong candidates will also have a firm understanding of game development pipelines and scoping, a proven ability to collaborate with design and engineering to produce world-class results, and a passion for the immersive sim genre.
What We Need
The Thick as Thieves team is building a new kind of immersive simulation game focused on multiplayer action-stealth. We are looking for candidates who want to help us push the boundaries of this genre and deliver an experience players have never seen before. This effort invites players into a compelling, immersive, and stylized world. We are seeking a developer who is eager and able to bring artistic vision, excellent communication, and organization to help bring this world to life.
This position will report to the Lead Artist, who will guide you on the game’s vision and technical requirements for outsource partners. As a member of the art team, you will also be expected to collaborate with other artists and external partners, giving feedback to help shape the whole experience and ensure the product’s consistency and artistic cohesion.
- Support the Art Lead to implement the visual identity of the game.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure a cohesive, high quality bar.
- Create and maintain artistic documentation for internal staff and external partners.
- Contribute to concept development and worldbuilding.
- Partner with the production department and Art Lead to create and manage the project’s external outsource schedule.
- Regularly update the Art Lead with reports on external partner progress, obstructions, and quality.
- Support craft peers and project leadership on long-term planning and staffing models.
- Act as a critical partner in ensuring the wellness and growth of our Art Team.
All Qualified Candidates Will Possess
- Familiarity with the 3D art pipeline and technical constraints related to UE5.
- Strong ability in writing documentation and critique.
- Excellent cross-team communication, coordination, and organization skills.
- A growth mindset and self-starter attitude.
- A positive attitude and collaborative spirit.
- Passion for making and playing games!
This is a full-time, remote working role, with competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits available anywhere in the United States. All team members may be asked to occasionally travel for key meetings, as part of their job responsibilities.
Our people-first approach to game development celebrates diversity, and strives to create a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone is treated equally, with dignity, and with respect. We highly encourage candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds to apply, even those that may not directly meet every qualification listed for this role.