August 23, 2023
Senior Character Artist – Thick as Thieves
If you have are having trouble submitting the form, please submit your resume to: email@example.com Who We Are
OtherSide Entertainment is an independent game studio with offices in Concord, MA, and remote staff throughout North America. Our mission is to create deeply immersive games that draw players into richly imagined worlds; games that empower players to choose their own play-style, making their experience unique and personal; games that encourage players to team up with their friends and weave their own shared narrative; the kind of games that are powered by our players’ vision as much as our own. Together, we aim to evolve the “player-authored” tradition of Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Thief, and Deus Ex – all games developed by the company’s founders, Paul Neurath and Warren Spector.
While our team includes some of the industry’s top developers with a heritage of award-winning games, we are proud to have crafted a unique culture that values smaller teams and celebrates tight collaboration. This is an environment that encourages and empowers individuals to make the kind of impact that is simply impossible when they are cogs in a giant machine.
What We Need
The Thick as Thieves team is building a new kind of immersive simulation game focused on multiplayer action-stealth. We are looking for innovative risk takers who want to help us push the boundaries of this genre and deliver an experience players have never seen before. This effort will be set in a thrilling stylized world. We are seeking an artist who is eager and able to bring both veteran experience and fresh imagination to this challenge. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally talented and passionate artist with a deep understanding of artistic vision, gameplay, animation requirements, performance budgets, and style. Join our team to work on our current, undisclosed, publisher-funded project.
- Collaborate with other artists, designers, and engineers to bring amazing characters to life.
- Sculpt stylized high-poly character models and build performant low-poly meshes for characters and creatures.
- Create high quality textures and materials.
- Produce stunning character renders for marketing.
- Help provide direction to art outsource partners.
- 5+ years producing high quality 3d character art using Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop (or equivalent programs).
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, silhouette, color theory, and composition.
- Expert knowledge of PBR texture and material workflows in the context of a stylized visual aesthetic.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- A passion for developing and playing games.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Ability to work successfully if in a remote/virtual environment.
- Education: BS degree in digital art for games, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of Marvelous Designer
- Experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Familiarity with rigging, animation, and deformation.
- Illustration and Concept Art experience.
This is a full-time, remote working role, with competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits available anywhere in the United States. All team members in leadership roles, like Production, may be asked to occasionally travel for key meetings, as part of their job responsibilities.
Our people-first approach to game development celebrates diversity, and strives to create a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone is treated equally, with dignity, and with respect. We highly encourage candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds to apply, even those that may not directly meet every qualification listed for this role.