August 26, 2022
Who We Are
OtherSide Entertainment is an independent game development studio based in Concord MA, with employees located throughout the United States. We are focused on providing players with innovative gameplay, immersive worlds, and engaging narrative. Our specialty is what we call “player-powered” experience in the tradition of System Shock, Thief and Deus Ex – all games developed by the company’s founders, Paul Neurath and Warren Spector. Our team has made games that have collectively garnered over 200 industry awards and earned over $5B in revenues.
You will play a key role on the OtherSide team as we push the state-of-the-art for immersive, player-powered games as we have before. We’ve created a unique culture in a smaller team environment that champions tight collaboration and both encourages and allows individuals to make the kind of impact that is simply impossible when they’re cogs in a giant machine.
What We Need
The studio is looking for a Senior Designer to join our team in working on ARGOS: Riders on the Storm, a new game from Warren Spector. The ideal candidate is a broadly experienced designer, with a focus on systems design and in-engine implementation. The Senior Designer will report to and work closely with the Lead Designer to create player-readable and manipulable systems in an immersive simulation style game. They will also be called upon to support additional design needs for the project, such as scripting player abilities or environmental interactions.
- Own the design and documentation of key features within the larger game
- Design and implement in-engine prototypes of system behaviors
- Contribute to the larger design and execution of our richly simulated experience
Criteria for Role
- 5+ years experience as a gameplay, NPC, or technical designer on AAA quality video games
- Highly skilled at using Unreal’s Blueprint system
- Familiarity with other scripting languages or AI scripting is a plus
- Strong communication and coordination skills, highly detail-oriented
- Friendly, empathetic and adaptable
- Passion for making and playing games
- Experience with UI design and implementation is a plus
This is a full-time role, with competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits. The team is distributed/remote, and we can support people anywhere in the US.
We are committed to having a diverse workforce. We strive for a fair and collaborative culture where we treat everyone equally, with respect and dignity without exception.