September 11, 2023
Senior Technical Artist
If you have are having trouble submitting the form, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Who We Are
OtherSide Entertainment is an independent game studio with offices in Concord, MA, and remote staff throughout North America. Our mission is to create deeply immersive games that draw players into richly imagined worlds; games that empower players to choose their own play-style, making their experience unique and personal; games that encourage players to team up with their friends and weave their own shared narrative; the kind of games that are powered by our players’ vision as much as our own. Together, we aim to evolve the “player-authored” tradition of Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Thief, and Deus Ex – all games developed by the company’s founders, Paul Neurath and Warren Spector.
Argos is a multiplayer-first, open world, immersive sim being developed by a small, senior team under the creative direction of Warren Spector. The studio is looking for a Senior Technical Artist who can help us realize and advance our unique visual style, especially in regards to our VFX. A passion for stylized art and a great sense of visual communication are a must.
- Work closely with the Art and Engineering teams to achieve a unique visual style for the project.
- Create stunning in-game effects that utilize modeling, lighting, shaders, etc in Unreal Engine.
- Handle development of pipelines contributing to the look and feel of our VFX and particle systems.
- Assist in the development of shaders that maximize our Non-Photorealistic (NPR) visual style.
- Contribute to the overall art direction and world simulation on a technical level.
- Ensure that assets are built efficiently for a procedurally-modifiable world.
- Develop tools and pipelines as needed and assist in scoping the work.
- 5+ years as a Technical Artist in the video game industry. Ideal candidates will also have experience establishing and managing pipeline and workflows.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine and Niagara is a must.
- Solid understanding of modularity, metrics, and performance.
- Excellent grasp of the interactions between triggers, scripts, materials, animations, and lighting.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated technical leadership, solid organizational and communication skills, and effectively contributed in cross-departmental features.
- A passion for developing and playing games.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- Ability to work successfully if in a remote/virtual environment
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling package (3DsMax/Maya) and/or Unreal Engine.
This is a full-time, remote working role, with competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits available anywhere in the United States. All team members in leadership roles, like Production, may be asked to occasionally travel for key meetings, as part of their job responsibilities.
Our people-first approach to game development celebrates diversity, and strives to create a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone is treated equally, with dignity, and with respect. We highly encourage candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds to apply, even those that may not directly meet every qualification listed for this role.